King Elizabeth II and Queen Victoria may be the two longest-helping monarchs within the Uk history. Victoria, which reigned out of 1837 to help you 1901, created many precedents that Age provides recognized as the she is crowned in 1952. How are the a couple of strong queens related? Preciselywhat are their family connections?
When she was given birth to on may 24, 1819, not many people imagine Alexandrina Victoria manage someday getting king. The woman father, Prince Edward, try the fresh new fourth in-line to progress his dad, this new reigning Queen George III. From inside the 1818, he wed Little princess Victoria away from Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld, good widowed German princess having a few students. The just son, Victoria, was created the coming year.
Towards The month of january. 23, 1820, Edward died, to make Victoria next in line. Just months afterwards, towards Jan. 29, King George III died, become succeeded by their son George IV. When he died for the 1830, another in-line, Frederick, got already passed away, therefore the top ran William, Victoria’s youngest buddy. King William IV influenced up to the guy died without lead heirs during the 1837, only weeks just after Victoria, the newest heir-apparent, turned into 18. She is actually crowned into Summer twenty-eight, 1838.
Victoria’s Family members
Conventions of time was indeed your queen should have good king and you will consort, along with her maternal buddy was actually trying suits their having Prince Albert regarding Saxe-Coburg and you can Gotha (Aug. twenty six, 1819 to Dec. 14, 1861), a Italian language prince who was simply as well as connected with the girl. Once an initial courtship, both was wed towards Feb. 10, 1840. Prior to Albert’s passing when you look at the 1861, the 2 had nine people. Among them, Edward VII, turned into the king of good The uk. This lady almost every other children manage ilies of Germany, Sweden, Romania, Russia, and you may Denmark.
King Age II
Elizabeth Alexandra Mary of the home from Windsor came into this world into April 21, 1926 with the Duke and you can Duchess away from York. Age, called “Lilibet” because a child, had you to definitely younger aunt, ). Whenever she was born, Elizabeth are third lined up to her grandfather’s throne, trailing their father along with his elderly aunt, Edward, brand new Prince from Wales.
Whenever King George V, kid regarding Edward VII, passed away from inside the 1936, the fresh crown visited Elizabeth’s bro Edward, but the guy abdicated so you can erican. Elizabeth’s dad became Queen George VI. His passing with the Feb. 6, 1952 cleared the way getting Age to succeed him, and stay Britain’s earliest king since the King Victoria.
Elizabeth’s Family relations
E and her future husband, Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark (Summer ten, 1921) met from time to time since the students. They certainly were partnered into Late. 20, Match vs OkCupid reddit 1947. Philip, who’d renounced his foreign headings, got the fresh surname Mountbatten and you may became Philip, Duke off Edinburgh. Together, the guy and Elizabeth features four college students. Her eldest, Prince Charles, was first in line to progress King Elizabeth II, along with his sons, Prince William, try 2nd lined up. Charles’s more youthful child, Prince Harry, was 3rd in line for most of his lifestyle until Prince William and you will partner Catherine, this new Duchess out of Cambridge, got their about three children, which bumped Prince Harry down seriously to sixth in line.
The new Lineages out of Age and you can Philip
Brand new regal groups of European countries apparently intermarried, each other to maintain their regal bloodlines and also to preserve certain equilibrium off power amongst the various empires. King E II and you may Prince Philip is actually both about Queen Victoria. E is actually a direct descendant regarding King Victoria, the woman great-great-granny. Performing in reverse over time, the fresh wrap will likely be traced:
- Elizabeth’s dad is actually George VI (1895 in order to 1952). The guy ) when you look at the 1925, in addition they had several daughters, Elizabeth II, and you can Little princess Margaret.
- George VI’s father was George V (1865 to 1936), Elizabeth’s pops. He married Mary of Teck (1867 so you can 1953) within the 1893, a Italian language princess elevated inside The united kingdomt.
- George V’s dad is Edward VII (1841 in order to 1910). Elizabeth’s great-father. He hitched Alexandra regarding Denmark (1844 to 1925), a Danish princess.
- Edward VII’s mommy try King Victoria (1819 to help you 1901), Elizabeth’s high-great-grandmother. She hitched Prince Albert out of Saxe-Coburg and you will Gotha in the 1840.
- Philip’s mother, Little princess Alice off Battenberg (1885 to 1969), married their father, Prince Andrew out-of Greece and you can Denmark (1882 to help you 1944), during the 1903.
- Little princess Alice’s mom is Little princess Victoria away from Hesse by Rhine (1863 so you can 1950), Philip’s maternal grandmother. Princess Victoria is married so you can Prince Louis away from Battenberg (1854 so you can 1921) when you look at the 1884.
- Princess Victoria off Hesse by the Rhine was the newest daughter regarding Little princess Alice of one’s Uk (1843 to help you 1878), Philip’s great-grandma. It Little princess Alice is actually married in order to Louis IV (1837 to help you 1892), Grand Duke off Hesse by new Rhine.
- Little princess Alice’s mom are Queen Victoria, Philip’s great-great-grandmother.
Up until 2015, Queen Victoria had been the newest longest-governing monarch in the reputation for England, the fresh new U.K., or The united kingdom. Queen Age surpassed you to definitely checklist out of 63 ages and you can 216 days, into . One another queens partnered princes of their own solutions, a bit apparently like suits, who had been ready to service the reigning monarch wives.
One another was basically invested in their obligations since monarch. Regardless if Victoria withdrew getting a time when mourning the girl husband’s alternatively very early and unforeseen dying, she was a dynamic monarch, in ill health, up to the woman passing. At this creating, E, as well, might have been similarly energetic.
Both handed down the fresh new top some quickly. Victoria’s father, which predeceased the woman, got about three more mature brothers just before him in the succession, none off who got youngsters which live to help you inherit the honor. Elizabeth’s father turned into queen only if their earlier sibling, King Edward, abdicated as he wouldn’t was indeed able to marry the lady the guy picked and stay king.
Victoria and you can Age each other recognized Diamond Jubilees, however, shortly after half a century to your throne, Victoria was a student in ill-health together with only a few many years left to live on. Age, in contrast, continues to look after a community agenda immediately after a half-100 years off laws. From the Victoria’s jubilee occasion during the 1897, The uk you will definitely truly boast of being the essential dominant kingdom in the world, that have territories worldwide. Twenty-first-century Great britain, in comparison, are a much-reduced fuel, having relinquished almost all of their kingdom.